Monday 13 June 2016

How Did You Discover You Could Do That?

I was talking to someone this week who likes to holiday in Thailand. If I'm honest, I don't think he goes there each year to discover the culture and architecture of the country. I guess the story he told me this week gives away his main reason for visiting the place, which is really sad!

He said that while on holiday in Thailand, he visited a bar - and I'm sure this wasn't the kind of bar where you take your wife for a night of romance. One of the women on stage in this bar was firing ping pong balls from her vagina. Then she produced a harmonica and proceeded to play a tune with it using the same body part. I hope that she cleaned it before she let anyone else have a go with it!

How on earth did this woman find out that she had these unusual talents? How bored must this woman have been to sit at home one day and think, “I wonder if I can fire a ping pong ball from my fanny?” What on earth then possessed her to buy a harmonica and try to play Whip Crack Away? How did she find out that she could do this?

I remember watching the brilliant Idiot Abroad with Carl Pilkington once. He had met a fakir in India and the fakir found a small stick and wrapped his penis around it as if he was rolling up a hose. He then proceeded to hang heavy weights from his testicles. For Christ's sake, get a job!

What sort of hunger, greed, need or attention-seeking causes these people to even try such things? It is a statistical fact that eleven people die each year in Britain through testing a nine volt battery with their tongue! Just what did they think was going to happen? I have heard that in Australia and America people lick certain toads to make them high. I know for a fact that you can buy alcohol in these countries, so what's with the toad licking?

I once saw a circus act where a young man stuck hooks through his nipples then was lifted off the ground by a winch! It would take a full frontal lobotomy and a case of whisky for me to even think of such a thing, so how/why did he? There must be some way of training your nipples to take such a weight. But how the hell do you train a nipple?

I know that boredom and alcohol are not the best of bedfellows. Under the influence, my friends and I have done some very stupid things when we were younger. I have also witnessed some incredible one-off things while out of my tree on best bitter. One very late night after a full day of celebrating the beginning of the weekend, I was sitting in a friend’s kitchen. Another of our group walked in, and it is safe to say that he had put his brain to bed a few hours earlier, after drinking tequila slammers. As he walked into the kitchen someone the worse for wear picked up a raw egg and threw it at the guy, shouting “Catch!” as he threw it. The target for some unknown reason opened his mouth and caught the egg without breaking it. I cannot tell you the number of times since then that we have all tried to repeat this amazing act of dexterity - all to no avail, I must add. Though I have to admit the sight of so many people with literally “egg on their faces” is a very strange sight indeed.

Another drunken evening one of our group decided to light a fart. Now I know that lots of men reading this may think “done that!” but this guy decided to do it in style. Why he decided to do this is anyone's guess. He got a can of hairspray and lit the spray from the canister then proceeded to light his fart with what can only be described as a home-made flame-thrower. The resulting back draught saw a mushroom cloud not witnessed since Hiroshima! This cloud of high intensity fire took off his fringe, his eyelashes and his eyebrows. The flame also set fire to the sofa he was sitting on. As the rest of the group doused the flames and checked to see if this idiot needed any medical attention he just lay on the sofa and said, “Wow, neat!”

Leaving aside the ping pong woman, I haven't ever come across a woman who gets drunk and does such stupid stunts. As teenagers we would stand on a car and go car-surfing and all the girls would walk off in disgust at our stupid infantile high jinks. I have never seen a woman light her farts, though I'm sure that there must be some women out there who have tried it...

So if you have a strange talent let me know, but not if it involves hurting/harming anyone else. I would also be interested to find out just how you discovered that you could do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment