Wednesday 29 June 2016

Hate is the Problem, Not the Answer!

After the recent referendum over whether to leave or stay in the EU we find our country deeply divided. To be honest, Britain has always been deeply divided. I keep on hearing from the media types down in London just how we have experienced unprecedented growth over the last fifty years of being a member of the EU. This just shows the divisions in the country! The last fifty years have seen all the traditional industries here in the north being decimated, leaving wastelands. Everything from our fishing fleets to our coal and steel industries have been almost wiped out!

I know that industries change and demands for certain products change, but no government has put anything else in place to replace these industries. They have left these communities to rot. The economic rise, if there has been one, is down to successive governments pandering to the banking industry and the rise of right wing politics with everyone from Thatcher to Blair, to the bunch of greedy selfish creeps we have now. Here in the north we have been told over and over about just how the EU has pumped money into these communities. To do what? I work all over Britain in schools mostly in socially, economically deprived areas. The Westminster claims about how the EU money has helped these communities is a myth! Building a park or a leisure centre or cleaning up a river doesn't solve the social problems of these towns and cities.

The fact that Cameron allowed the referendum to take place shows just how out of touch he is with the people of this country. He thought that everyone would follow what he said and vote to stay. He hadn't learned his lesson from the Scottish referendum where he was lucky to survive. Now the press are trying to make out that the people that voted leave are just a bunch of racists! Well it is hard to dispute that there is a group of people who voted out because of the stupid immigration argument put forward from the equally stupid Brexit campaign. I wrote many times saying that people should not listen to these halfwits and make up their own minds. The idiots running the campaign had no credibility (and still don't). But that doesn't mean that remain side were any better, they ran a hate- filled, fear-filled campaign as well, and they are still running it!

I have noticed that the media are quick to point out that lots of the areas where the out vote was the largest were in the more rural and industrial areas of Britain. But to say that the vote was stronger in the less educated areas of Britain, which happened on the news the other evening, is an insult! The vote to stay was stronger in the richer parts of Britain, so draw your own conclusions. The press have gone out of their way to interview fully-paid-up members of the knuckle dragging brigade! They just want sound bites from people who hold extreme right wing views or others are just not wise enough to know that they are being manipulated and are not eloquent enough to express how they feel. One guy when asked why he voted leave announced the the camera proudly, “To get rid of the Muslims, as simple as that!” Now I'll give you that one, he was a fuckwit!

What has happened is that the ignorant, bigoted, inbred racist retards now feel that they have a mandate to come out and claim that they are the voice of Britain. They are not! They are just imbeciles who fail to understand that a human being is a human being no matter where you happen to come from or what colour you are, or what belief system you hold. I wish all the people who seem to think that Islam is a race of people and not a religion could be deported to some jack-booted, swastika-festooned utopia, away from all humanity. That goes for all the religious racist cavemen as well!

If you think that immigration is a bad thing you are delusional. If you think that you can have free trade without free movement then you don't understand the idea of free trade. Britain has been built on immigration, I'm a product of immigration. I want to be part of Europe, travel and meet people, work with them, trade with them, I just don't want to be in their club! We can do a free trade deal with the EU with free movement and pay reduced tariffs. What's wrong with that?

The government now need to start investing back into the areas that they have long neglected, and they need to build an infrastructure where the next generation have not been neglected like my generation has. They need to invest more into schools and industry, not just call centres and supermarkets but real industries. Politics should be a subject on all schools' curriculum, that way future generations will realise that it's the fault of the government and not an immigrant for the way their lives are being run. People also need to take care of their own lives and not expect everything to be done for them. You are in charge of your own destiny! Rather than denounce a lot of the people that have moved here you should applaud their courage and determination to ensure that their children have a better life.

Finally, we have to realise that hate is a cancer, it multiplies, and blinds its victims. It rots the mind, having you believe any old bile that a hate-monger sells you! Meeting people from all walks of life with many different ideas is the only way we can move forward as a species. Last week, after many years of abuse, my body decided to submit. After years of contact sports I have done some damage to one of my internal organs. To test just how bad the damage is I had to go to hospital and have a tube put up through my nose and down my throat. The offending tube had to be left in over night and a monitor had to be strapped to my shoulder to read the signals sent back from whatever it was that was nestled down my gullet! The end of the tube had to be taped to the end of my nose so I looked like I had a vacuum cleaner attached to my face. I decided to carry on my business as usual and went shopping etc it did draw quite a few looks but being cool is no longer one of my priorities, whereas getting much-needed provisions is!

That evening my son and his family were coming round for dinner. He, of course, found it highly amusing to see this 'thing' strapped to my nose. Little Harleigh, however, ran into the house as usual with some important piece of news that she must tell us there and then. Usually, she runs up to me and jumps in my arms shouting. “Babbo, guess what?” then tells me her life-affirming news. This night she ran in shouting, “Babbo...” then stopped dead, on seeing the tube and apparatus that was strapped to me. She then ran and hid behind her father. I smiled and asked what was wrong, but she recoiled in horror away from me (I have that effect on women). She wouldn't speak to me and wouldn't come near me or Nonna who is her favourite person in the whole world. She just sat holding on to her father in silence. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't bothered, as it did upset me a little. I talked to her and assured her that I was still Babbo and the thing up my nose would be removed the day after.

About an hour later, while we were all talking to each other, Harleigh, still silent, kept staring at me. Then, without warning, she got to her feet and ran to me, throwing her arms around me. She burst into tears and asked, “Are you ok, Babbo?” I assured her I was fine. She then asked, “You not going to die?” 

“Not just now love, I hope” I replied. I then spent the whole evening having lots of hugs and kisses from this beautiful, fragile little strength giver. The next day we all went to Leeds shopping as I had to go into the hospital to have the tube and apparatus removed. On walking out of the room having it removed little Harleigh cheered and dived into my arms and wouldn't leave my side for the rest of the day.

I couldn't have had a better tonic than this beautiful little girls love, it was pure innocent concern and love for my well-being. And that's what we need just now here in Britain, ignore the hate-mongers, the doom forecasters. There's going to be lots of challenges ahead, forget what the idiots running the campaigns said during the campaign, most of them were not true. Lots of promises made by people who had no right or authority to make will have to be broken. Accept that hate politics and neglect are the problem, not immigration.

No comments:

Post a Comment