Thursday 13 June 2013

Medium-Sized Fraud!



Here we go again, the same old same old!

I some times feel like I’m pissing in the wind when I try to point out stupidity. I don’t claim to be the world’s most intelligent person, or the best read. I don’t claim to have studied every subject in great depth, or have answers to life’s great conundrums, but I do know stupid when I see it! Most people would lay claim to this attribute, so why do I find myself having to point it out to people all the time?!

In Turkey as I type, ordinary people are protesting for democratic rights. They are not fundamentalists or radicals; they are just people who want to live a life of free choice. Their government on the other hand is oppressive, and to prove this point they attack their own people, who were peacefully protesting, with tear gas and rubber bullets!

This is typical of Middle Eastern countries where failing governments use abuse to prop up their outdated ideologies! It wouldn’t happen here in Britain, I can tell you! We wouldn’t drag people from their homes for crimes that they haven’t committed. We wouldn’t do this to people who may want to peacefully protest against what they see as the injustices in the world.

We wouldn’t then claim that, because these people chose to live a different type of lifestyle, that they are violent thugs that want to take down our beloved democracy! They did, after all, find sharp pointy objects in their houses. Could these weapons of mass destruction have been found in … the kitchen?

If the police raided my house they may find pointy sharp objects in my kitchen, I’m now staring to panic that my kitchen implements make me a danger to society!

It’s strange that when rich people are involved the police will bend over backwards to save both, them and their property, but as of yet there's been no response about my vandalised garage. I think I’ll name my garage "G8" then they might do something about it.

Why do we accept this? Why do people only hear, ’Squat!’ then focus on the fact that these people live in a derelict house, rather than that they are innocent of any crimes?

I’m a crusty middle-aged guy who lives in a nice semi, and I like the fact that people are different. When different ideologies meet and discuss their ideas man moves forward.

Oppression holds mankind back, it crushes ideas and promotes fear and intolerance, and we have come a long way since the times of serfdom, but maybe some of us just can’t move on?
 
Another one of life’s little irritating itches arose for me again this week.

If you have read some of my previous blogs you will be aware that I have no supernatural belief systems. Whether it be ghosts, gods or Google! They all have a couple of good points but on the whole you are better off keeping away from them in my opinion.

If you’re shouting out that Google is not supernatural, you are of course correct, but people use the same thought process with Google that they use with the other two. Believing all that is written on there without questioning it, and abusers know this and use it as their weapon of choice.

Yesterday a stupid woman tried to convince me that she could speak to the dead! I explained to her that being overweight and wearing lots of jewellery and thick eye make up does not make you a psychic.

Talking to the dead or raising the dead is in every mythology all around the world. From Greek gods performing life-giving skills to Lazarus in Christian mythology and on to Shamanism where Shaman get pissed out of their trees and talk to the ancestors. It’s all good theatre and a little bit of me likes the shaman type rituals, mainly I think it’s because they get pissed.

The spiritualist church started when three sisters from New York, Leah, Margret and Kate Fox burst onto the scene. Margret and Kate told the older sister that they could communicate with the dead and were answered by strange rapping sounds. The older sister seized the opportunity and promoted her siblings creating what was to become the spiritualist church.

Margret later confessed that both she and her sister were making the rapping noises themselves by clicking the bones in their feet. This caused their demise, so Margret later recanted her confession but it was to late they all later died in poverty but unfortunately the same can’t be said of the spiritualist church.

Look, if you’re interested, there are lots of books which will learn you the art of cold reading as a psychological study it’s truly fascinating, but it’s not supernatural, it’s just messing with your mind, trust me.
If there are any so-called mediums out there who wish to take me to task on this please feel free.

I have said it many times before, and because I quite like pissing in the wind, I shall say it again, “If you think that you talk to dead people you need to take tablets, you have a mental health problem! If you don’t have a mental health problem and you are charging people good money to talk to their dead loved ones on their behalf then you are a fraudster, a charlatan, a low-down lying bastard, who preys on people when they are at their lowest point.”

Get it now ?I don’t care what info you were given at what sitting it’s all just clever showmanship, A medium is a modern invention which DOES NOT stand up to any scientific scrutiny!

Now, I'd best go and hide the knives and forks in the kitchen before the police call and smash in my back door!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment