Monday 28 March 2016

Divine Madness!

I received an email this week from a lady who had read this blog in the hope that it would be an extension of my school visits. It's not! She felt the need to email me, telling me that this blog is not suitable for children. She's right, it's not! She also asked me why I feel the need to ridicule religion. I think religion does a pretty good job of ridiculing itself without my help. She also went on to say that the reason that I feel the need to mock religion is because I'm scared of God! I'm not scared of God, I'm scared of the people who believe in God!

Firstly, this blog is not about mocking religion, but it is subtitled 'The World Of Walsh'. It's about my take on the world. Some of the posts are serious, some, I hope, are thought-provoking, while others are just plain old stupidity. I started to write this blog as a response to countless people who asked if I wrote things for adults. I knew that this could cause problems for me as I have a big following from school children. I must point out that I'm not the only writer that writes for both adults and for children. I have to say that it is not my job to police what your children read on the internet, either.

My school visits are a mixture of silly stories and slightly rude poems. I don't think I could use these for an adult audience, although I also have quite a big adult following for my books. I don't want to patronise people. I just want to do what I always have done, and that is speak my mind.

I have, of late, tried to steer away from the religious stuff, as it has become quite boring for me. I used to enter into debates about religion but it became very tedious listening to people spouting texts from various religious books and me replying with the same answers.

If God is of such a vast intellect, if he can create life and universes, then why when faced with problems here on Earth, problems I may add that were in no way as evil or as vile as the atrocities that have happened since, didn't he do something about it, there and then? When faced with these heinous acts he thought he must save mankind, but the only way he could do this was to send his son down as a human sacrifice? Is this the mind of a superior intellect, or has it come from the minds of primitive people? The sort of people who throw others into a volcano in the hope that this will appease the fire-gods! Why didn't Jesus tell humans about germs? He could have saved far more lives! Of course the reason for all this is that all religious books were written by primitive people who only knew about the world they inhabited, unless you are a Mormon, in which case your book was written by a convicted conman.

If your God is so powerful, why does he need young disaffected men and women to go and blow themselves up, together with other innocent people, because they are not living an abnormal life that he has dictated to them. I get quoted lots of things from religious texts, some of them make sense but these will have been cherry-picked, because all religious books are beyond rational belief and rely on blind faith. People can deny that the atrocities that have happened both in Belgian and Pakistan this week have nothing to do with religion, but they do! The people that are committing the acts are being used by political puppet-masters, but they are committing the acts because they believe it is what their God wants! They, too, cherry-pick what they want to believe, their book like all other religious books are one size fits all!

We also have politicians here in Britain spouting about Christian values? Which ones do we want? Burning witches and gays? What about the one where we send people into eternal damnation for not following the word? I distrust politicians who hide behind the mask of religion. It doesn't make you righteous, in my eyes it makes you dangerous. Cameron stated among his Christian values the word 'charity'. This always gets me angry when people try this old con. Charity is a way of governments relinquishing their obligation to the people they serve. When they talk about charity is this the same charity that offers tax cuts to the rich while cutting the benefits to the most vunerable in society? Is this why they are trying to privatise education through the back door? Creating academies will lead to prosperous schools being snapped up leaving the struggling schools to die. Again we have this Tory nonsense about having a fairer, better Britain, but it is only fairer and better if you are a banker!

I had to laugh when Ian Dunkin Doughnut quit his job because of a turn of conscience. He was about to be pushed anyway. He has set himself up to join Boris the Bad and bring down the government so he can rise, Phoenix-like, from the ashes. So they can become an even more dreadful government than the one we have now, if that's possible.

What happened to the Labour Party? They seem to have vanished! This could be one of a few reasons. They might not be getting the print in the right wing press for the fear that Stalin will rise from his grave and attack our Christian values. It could be that the Tories are destroying themselves and don't need any help from outside sources. Or it could be, as it was when I was younger, they are sitting around discussing what should be done but not doing it! I had high hopes for Corbyn, I thought he would alter the ego politics we have become so used to, and I still hope he can change things. But people don't want his style of politics, they want slime and empty promises. They love a lottery, a chance of life-changing action but you know really that it's not going to happen. Even my computer doesn't like Corbyn It alters his name whenever I type it in, adding extra 'y's and an 'L; for some reason.

So I hope the lady who didn't like this blog has another read, and enters into a debate with me to prove me wrong. My next post will be a light-hearted post I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment