Wednesday 3 February 2016

Families: Emotional Dictatorships?

There is a strange myth going around that people actually love their families. This includes the myth that all mothers love their children and vice versa. I know that this is not true; it would be more correct to say that we love some of our family.

I have family members who, if I were to never see them again, it wouldn't cause me the slightest concern. Whereas I couldn't imagine life without my immediate family. I think I'm genetically programmed to love my children. I know that I only have one son, but I also regard his daughter as if she was my child. This also applies to my wife. I have seen her being really down in the dumps and fed up with things only to turn into another person completely when little Harleigh walks in the room. It's as if she has had had some sort of injection to put life back into her.

We do not, of course, choose our families, they are just accidents of birth. There is no reason for you to like your siblings. For me, they must earn respect as must others that I encounter. I'm from a large family and I love some of my siblings deeply, while I can't believe that I'm genetically linked to the others! I'm sure this also applies to them as well!

I have known lots of women in the past who have chosen to run away with a new lover, leaving their children to go into care. I have also known fathers who don't even know the names of their children.

I have friends who I would regard as family, some of whom I have known nearly all of my life. You choose your friends, and, as a rule, you spend more time with them than you do with your extended family. Your friends usually have the same interests as you, plus, they don't expect anything from you just because you know them. I'm not talking about acquaintances here, I'm talking about the people who are standing with you shoulder to shoulder when the shit hits the fan. I'm talking about people who you could phone at four in the morning because you don't know where else to turn. I talking about people who just smile and put the kettle on, when you turn up at theirs ranting about something that has pissed you off!

The reason that I'm writing all this is because Iggle Piggle, sorry, David Cameron, the great oil slick in a suit has been banging on about how we in Europe are all just one big family! If we are, then we are the most dysfunctional family in the world, and it's safe to say we have had the mother of all fall outs over the years. The truth is that all the countries in Europe, apart from possibly the Germans, want to remain independent.

When the EU was set up, or 'The Common Market' as it was known then, the powers that be wanted Europe to be one big federal state. This is a fact, as it was written into the manifesto for the Common Market. If we are just one big family then, like all families, we get on with some family members while we prefer not have anything to do with others! The family analogy is just politicians trying to patronise the great unwashed! The myth about the EU not wanting to trade with us if we leave is just a load of old 'couilles'! The truth is that most small to medium businesses suffer from being in the EU. The people who do, however, benefit from us being members are the big multi-nationals, you'll be surprised to know. The EU is funded by five countries, while the rest take more than they put in, but with open borders, big business can move in to the other countries and make billions.

As for Cameron's promises for us to be more independent because of his imaginary negotiating skills is just a load of old 'testicoli'! He's just throwing grain to the chickens - ask the Scots just how good he is on keeping his promises. He was throwing promises at them like a cheating husband who'd just been caught with his pants down! But once they took him back, he reverted to his old arrogant dismissive ways.

So if you think we are better to stay in the 'Family' remember that we are one of the biggest importers for German cars. We are also one of the richest nations in Europe (I know it's hard to believe). The biggest markets of the future will be China and India. Do you think that Europe doesn't trade with them because they are not in the EU? What about America or other European countries that don't want to be part of the 'Family', do you think people don't want to trade with them? The money we invest in the EU would be much better invested here in Britain to help our schools and hospitals and not used so big multi-nationals that pay tax to other countries can benefit.

As with all families, it's best sometimes to move on,
and keep in touch from a distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment