Tuesday 24 February 2015

What a Load of Stupid *ankers!

I have spent my life trying to keep my nose out of other people's business. I have no interest in who is doing what to who on a personal level. But when it comes to public affairs, things are quite different. I'm very vocal about the injustice that I see in the world.

The same has to be said about business. I know lots of people that have done well in business and good luck to them. I have no wish to know what they are worth or what they do with their money; this is their business. No doubt, from time to time in business, these people will have to make decisions which, shall we say, are in a slightly grey area, such is the nature of business. Having said this, I have friends who are quite successful and they have done it by incredibly hard work and total fairness and honesty.

So what the hell is wrong with the banking industry? Why does this industry seem to be staffed by greedy, selfish halfwits? I'm not talking about the people that work in your local branches, as they are just cogs in a wheel, although they are programmed to sell you what you don't want or need. (If you don't agree with this statement. three little letters for you, PPI!)

Why have HSBC this week announced great losses, then given millions of pounds in bonuses to the people who have lost them a great fortune (if they have lost this money?). Why do these people constantly get paid for losing money? I don't understand it! The banks keep on saying that they have to pay these amounts to get the best. Jesus H Christ! Are these the best they can get? Look I'm quite good at the four basics, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing, but don't ask me to do algebra! So why don't you hire me to head up your bank? I will make the business a fair business with fair costs. I will get customers to trust the business by not robbing them, and by offering loans that they can pay back. The loans that I do sell will be at reasonable rates. I wont send them letters costing them £30 to tell them that they have no money in the bank, as I will have the sense to know that they will have realised this already. I wont let greedy snotty old school tie types have any power so they can freeload and lose the business money. I will make sure that investments are made not on risk, but on good common sense. 

But, somehow, I don't think my ideas will be appealing to the banks, because as we all know it's about a few people making obscene amounts of money, bringing down economies, overcharging hard working poor people and investing in schemes where millions are lost for others who can't afford to lose, so billions can be made for a few! We should remember that, here in Britain, we, the taxpayers, own a few of these banks and should call them to task more often over their flagrant disregard, and for their lack of respect for the many hands that feed them!

We also this week have Jack straw and Malcolm Rifkind making eyes at lots of dosh! Look, there's nothing wrong with making money, we all would like more of it. But Rifkind is supposed to be head of the intelligence committee, and he couldn't be arsed to check out the phoney companies that the journalists had used to set him up! All he had to do was look them up on the internet and he would soon think it odd that a multi-national company doesn't register anywhere on the planet! Unless, of course, they only exist in the mind of an accountant. If you don't know what I'm talking about here, these two politicians were hawking their meat to companies in return for 'favours', a term that can be used any way you wish.

Here in the frozen northern town of Huddersfield, amongst the hard working types, a favour is something one person does for another for free! A concept that our banks and our politicians don't understand, I'm afraid.

This next sentence is quite shocking, especially coming from me! I know that on the whole, British politicians are quite honest! Now can I quickly withdraw this statement? They are honest in comparison to most politicians in lots of countries around the world. There are politicians here who I wouldn't leave in charge of a dog, never mind the country, but lots start out in politics for all the right reasons. Unfortunately they lose their way along the line.

They called Dennis Skinner a dinosaur - why? In a recent interview he said, “I'm paid to serve the people of my community". Then went on to say about earning money for other jobs as well as being an MP, “I think that £67,000 pounds a year is enough for any person to live off”. I don't know about you, but the Jurassic era seems like a good place to live to me!

1 comment:

  1. Very well said.Really I like your post.Thank you so much for share.Please check out my site alsoBT change password .I hope you like my site.

    ReplyDelete